Level 1 Technician
Represent the company in matters pertaining to commercial client computer systems and networks to ensure the timely and accurate completion of customer service solutions.
POSITION: Business Technician (Level I)
Work with our clients in a professional manner to help troubleshoot and remediate issues in several different environments both onsite and remote. Work independently and with a team to provide the best possible service to our customers.
- Complete assigned work as specified by our PSA.
- Service and test computer systems.
- Provide remote technical assistance over the phone, chat or remote sessions
- Support end-user operating systems and miscellaneous software applications.
- Complete documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform on-site work as assigned.
- Consult with higher level technical support to determine resolutions. * Maintain tools and equipment.
- Maintain assigned tools, test equipment and spare parts in good working order.
- Provide input for the selection of tools and test equipment. * Research technical issues as necessary.
- Provide technical solutions using all available resources.
- Research knowledge base as necessary to provide solutions. * Contribute to efficient and effective business operations.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Provide input to business operations and planning.
- Support business operations as requested and as needed.
- Participate in safety and quality control meetings.
- Assist in keeping assigned areas clean and neat.
- Add/Update Client documentation in PSA.
- Maintain technical competency.
- Acquire and/or maintain A+ certification.
- Acquire and/or maintain model/brand service certifications as needed.
- Six (6) months experience as a service technician.
- Possess or acquire CompTIA A+ Certification within 6 months of assignment.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable vehicle to perform onsite work that can be over 1 hr. away drive time.
HUMAN RELATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to interact with customers on a professional and friendly level.
- Ability to interact with other employees and management personnel on a professional and friendly level.
- Exhibit traits of personal reliability and consistency on a day-to-day basis.
- Exhibit a willingness to take personal responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Exhibit a willingness to ask for and provide assistance to other personnel.
- Exhibit high degree of professional and personal integrity regarding customer and store equipment and assets.
- Exhibit high degree of personal grooming and dress code adherence.
- Report directly to Service Manager
FREEDOM TO ACT
- Implement technical solutions
- $20.00 – $24.00/hour DOE and health benefits
- Great opportunity and clear path to vertical progression to Level II and Level III Engineers.
NOTE: This position description is representative of major requirements and is not
intended to be all-inclusive.