Where talent meets technology – Grow with Us –
More Power Technology/ St. Helens Computer Center is seeking a Level 1 Service Technician with the skills to install, modify, and repair personal computer hardware and software systems. Provide technical assistance to customers to ensure the timely and accurate completion of customer service solutions. Also to facilitate retail sales.
POSITION: Level I Service Technician
Install, modify, and repair personal computer hardware and software systems. Provide technical assistance to customers to ensure the timely and accurate completion of customer service solutions. Facilitate retail sales.
- Complete assigned work as specified
- Service and test computer systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair system hardware and software problems.
- Provide telephone technical support as requested.
- Complete documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform on-site residential work as assigned.
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Maintain assigned tools, test equipment and spare parts in good working order.
- Provide input to Lead Bench Technician for the selection of tools and test equipment.
- Research technical issues as necessary.
- Provide technical solutions using all available resources.
- Research knowledge base as necessary to provide solutions.
- Assist with retail operations.
- Prepare and open the store on-time.
- Greet customers and assist with needs analysis and work request processing.
- Receive shipments.
- Answer telephone as needed.
- Process sales receipts and payments in QuickBooks.
- Perform cash drawer open and close counts as needed.
- Close the store at the end of business hours.
- Contribute to efficient and effective business operations.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Provide input to business operations and planning.
- Support business operations as requested and as needed.
- Participate in safety and quality control meetings.
- Assist in keeping assigned areas clean and neat.
- Maintain technical competency.
- Acquire and/or maintain A+ certification.
- Acquire and/or maintain model/brand service certifications as needed.
- Six (6) months experience as a service technician.
- Possess or acquire CompTIA A+ Certification within 6 months of assignment.
HUMAN RELATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to interact with customers on a professional and friendly level.
- Ability to interact with other employees and management personnel on a professional and friendly level.
- Exhibit traits of personal reliability and consistency on a day-to-day basis.
- Exhibit a willingness to take personal responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Exhibit a willingness to ask for, and provide assistance to other personnel.
- Exhibit high degree of professional and personal integrity regarding customer and store equipment and assets.
- Exhibit high degree of personal grooming and appearance.
- Report directly to Retail Division Manager.
FREEDOM TO ACT
- Implement technical solutions
NOTE: This position description is representative of major requirements and is not
intended to be all-inclusive.
Send Resume to: